Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm Okay, I'm With Gandhi and Nicole Kidman


Remember back in high school when you took those personality tests in the Guidance Counselor's Office to see what profession you should go into? Well, you can relive that experience all over again and see if you took the right path by taking one of these Personality Tests. It's a Jungian thing.
-
If you take this one... you get a list of well known people who line up with you in the categories tested. I've got some interesting company...
-
Suki turned me on to these tests. There are other ones, this one and this one that you can compare to see if they agree with each other...mine came up the same every time, so three independent surveys agree: I'm an INFJ!!
-
(Just like the Toothpaste commercials... 3 out of 4 dentists agree.... okay. Corny. But I always wondered about that 4th Dentist...)

-
If you out there reading this take these tests and find them revealing or helpful, let me know. I enjoyed taking them, and I'd love to get your comments on this and see how close of match the test was to your true self. Comments can be anonymous, (just check the box) and you don't have to be a member of the blog to make a comment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with these tests. Obsessed to the point where I can guess other people's personality type--people I don't even know based on qualities I know about them.

And wouldn't you know it? According to this test, one of the best fits for me in terms of career is ... well ... counselor. Also: social worker, psychologist, psychiatrist ... you get the picture ...

(The obsession with the tests might have been my first clue.)

Anonymous said...

Oh--and to answer your question about how accurate it is? Painfully so. Ridiculously so. I've tried to find different results everywhere. Never can. Tried to whip myself up into a lawyer type. Never can. (Even went so far as to spite the whole thing and once checked an LSAT study guide out at the library. Got it home. Looked at the problems for 15 seconds and couldn't get the thing back to the library fast enough.) They speak the truth, these tests.

M.J. said...

I did a google search to find more about the INFJ personality... there is a lot more information out there on all of this. And I find out that the more I read, the more I see little nuggets of information that really do point to me. I think I lean a bit toward the INTJ, too because I do tend to "think" deeply, and take things down to a bare level and examine it at times. But, based on the specific questions... and their nuances, my "feeling" side usually trumps my head.

Your first "guess" about me as a INFP instead of INFJ was also close.. the border line on that one last letter could go either way
at times. But when I'm painfully honest.... All three tests were INFJ...so there you have it.

Fascinating stuff.

M.J. said...

http://www.typelogic.com/infj.html

This site has links to more detailed descriptions of all the personalities across the top of the screen, but the link is to mine.

Anonymous said...

Ok - so I took all three and 2/3 say I am INTJ - the third went for ESTP so who knows - I do have moments of greatness, just like when i was driving you around Yankee Run a 8 days ago