Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Sunday Morning Muse, July 27, 2008


I was watching a drug commercial when a TV show kept interrupting.
-
That's what it feels like anymore. Drug commercials are a fact of life in this day and age, but it doesn't mean they get any less irritating. How do they recruit these men with Erectile Dysfunction--- or men willing to pretend they do--- to spout these goofy lines like "now I can respond to Sally when I want to, because the pill lasts up to 36 hours."
-
Heck, in that time he can do Sally, Betty, Wilma and the rest of the neighborhood, and still make it home in time to sit in separate bathtubs outside and watch the sunset with his wife. By the way....who does that?
-
Or..."now I can stay in the game..."
-
Sheesh.
-
As long as the game doesn't go on for four hours....we all know by now what that means. All I'm saying is.... I'd be happy if we can just quit with these commercials already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud.

Anyway, yes, you are quite right about this. Eddie Murphy had a great line about these things. These pharmaceutical ads. Said, "I know the ads tell you to ask your doctor for these pills. But shouldn't the DOCTOR be the one deciding what pills you should be on?"