Friday, July 25, 2008

My Life as a Low Attention Voter. . .



It was so nice taking a vacation from the news broadcasts last week that I decided to do it again. (reference: Sunday Morning Muse, July 13, 2008.)
-
So here is another week of my life as a "low attention voter." This is what "filtered" into this busy brain of mine.... just by random chance, as I went along this week:

-
Barack Obama went to Iraq and still thinks we can get out of there but I don't know if he really meant 16 months. 2010?
-
Barack Obama was in Germany as part of his overseas tour and McCain was in Germantown, Ohio eating Bratwurst. I don't know why.
-
McCain still mentions Czechoslovakia, but it doesn't exist anymore. You'd think he would get it right by now, because this happened before. Someone should tell him.
-

McCain met with the Dalai Lama. But the Dalai won't endorse him. Oh well.... maybe in the next life.
-
No one is picking VP's yet.
-
Arnold doesn't want drilling off of Calli-fornya.
-
Gas prices are going down... a tiny bit.
-
I don't really care about the Olympics, but I understand the smog in China is dreadful and they are trying to do something about it. Weird stuff..... seeding clouds? What is that anyway?
It sounds like something out of the X-files.
-
I heard the X-files movie sucks, and that's too bad. I liked the show a lot when it was on Television.


--
Well, you are up to date, but only if you happen to be a low attention voter this week too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the news update. I'm coming to rely on Goosepath as my main source of second-hand low-attention news.

(I have not listened to the actual news since July 1. Taking a huge break, myself. Therefore, what I know is what you know: Czechoslovakia and Bratwurst.)