Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Sunday Morning Muse, July 13, 2008


Low attention voters. That's my muse today. You see these people all day, everyday. They are out there working. Not reading every political site on the internet, not a CNN junkie, certainly not paying attention to what is going on outside of their own immediate set of problems.

This is a very attractive group of people to the political operatives. This week I purposely was a low attention voter. I gave myself a news vacation of sorts. Stayed off my usual political blog sites, didn't watch the evening news or listen to the radio intentionally. Just scanned the local paper for obits... not much more. (Heaven forbid someone die I know and I miss it.) Very little information got into my brain... but here is how it looks from the inside:


Jesse Jackson wants to cut Obama's nuts off. It has something to do with speaking down to black people.
-
John McCain either doesn't know the difference between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers or else he lied when he said he named the Steelers lineup to his captors when asked the names of his crew back in the late 1960s. I don't know which is worse. I'm just glad it wasn't Hillary who said it. (fair and balanced.... right.)
-
Oh yeah, McCain didn't vote to give the doctor's money in a bill that was so important that Ted Kennedy actually made it to the floor for the vote. But I don't understand how the bill did this.
-
One more thing... The Attorney General of Alabama is Gay.

-
Now, if a pollster right now said who are you going to vote for, and I had to base it on all this, you can see why America get's the government it deserves.


Wake Up People.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking a news vacation, too. I'm so out of the loop. Maybe I'll just start scanning your blog for low attention sound bytes and base every life decision on that.