Friday, August 29, 2008

38 Million People Watched the Speech . .


-
More people watched Obama speak from a packed stadium in Denver on Thursday than watched the Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing, the final "American Idol" or the Academy Awards this year, Nielsen Media Research said Friday.
---

That is amazing! I hope they all vote...and go out and get 10 more people to vote. (Or is that too many people?) I'm very proud of him. It was a great speech. And the stadium full of 80 thousand people did so much to heighten the experience, adding to the excitement of this historical event. I got goosebumps toward the end. . . even PAT BUCHANAN liked it.
-
Later I reflected on how my choice for President was a journey that meant compromises. I was a Kucinich die hard Democrat..... who moved to Hillary (after much back and forth between her and Obama.) ... but I got behind Obama soon after he was nominated because I am smart enough to know that getting a Democrat elected in the fall is more important than anything else. We simply can't go on like the last 8 years. And yes, that's even more important than simply putting a woman in the White House. (I guess ya know I ain't falling for McCain's half baked Alaskan scheme of putting a woman on the ballot to try to appeal to undecided women. She's no Hillary.)
-
A curmudgeon-like 72 year old McCain who can't/won't operate a computer, (translation: intellectually UN-curious), and a 44 year old former beauty queen mother of 5 who hasn't even served 2 years as a governor, who no one has heard of, whose claim to fame is being a mayor in an Alaskan town of 6000 people. But wait! She's anti-abortion---- and pro gun!!!!!! She's our gal. (snark) This is the best Republicans can do? A heartbeat away.... a 72 year old heartbeat away from being POTUS.

No comments: