Monday, August 11, 2008

My Life as a Low Attention Voter, Part III


I debated about doing this one more time. Audience fatigue or some such thing, but a series is a series....
-
The obvious headliner is John Edwards.Much to the glee of one of my Enquirer-loving friends, yes, he had an affair.I know the so called Main Stream Media that right wingnuts lament all the time about was a little slow to report it, but heck, you can't just "quote" the Enquirer, can you? (Unless you are Fox News....but I digress.) The jury is out on the little baby's daddy. The woman he met in the hotel now has some pretty nice digs to live in courtesy of someone who has money, but I don't know who that person really is. Bottom Line: I guess Edwards is off the short list for VP.
-
I hear Joe Biden's name mentioned a lot for the VP slot. I think he spoke at my college for some reason long ago. He had more hair then, but if it was him, he was pretty good. Obama-Biden sounds good, too. You have to consider how a name sounds. Really. Think of the Bumper Stickers.
-
God-knows-who Old Man McCain will pick.I hope not the Mormon with the magic underwear. (I posted about that a while back.) It will obviously be someone younger, because you can't find many people older now that Jessie Helms is dead.(snark)
-
Obama went to see his grandmother in Hawaii. Of course the right wing nuts are calling him elitist and saying he should have vacationed in ... say, Florida? That Hawaii sends the wrong message. Yeah, like McCain going to Bike Week. The only way he can draw a crowd is to show up where one already is, I guess.
-
George Bush had it rough at the Olympics. He went as a self proclaimed "number one fan of the USA." Probably thinking, I'll shake a few hands.... land a few high fives with the basketball team, watch the swimmers, say hi to the Chinese President, and go home. Easy Gig. NOT. It didn't exactly look like him and Russian President Putin were sharing popcorn. I'm sure old George gave him many good reasons to pull out of Georgia. The Peach crop would be utterly destroyed by the tanks. (snark)
-
The snark is overtaking the news, so I'll try to put cynicism aside for now. You are now up do date.

No comments: