Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Saturday Rant

"Just so we are clear- visiting your grandmother while vacationing in Hawaii, the state where you were you were born- elitist.

-
Meeting the millionaire heiress daughter (who you will soon begin an affair with and divorce your first wife and then go on and buy a ton of houses) in Hawaii and then going on and honeymooning in Hawaii
– not elitist."

-

Read more here. There is a link on Crooks and Liars, to a CNN story that is very revealing about McCain and the time in his life when he returned from Vietnam. I think what ticks me off the most after watching it, is that this man cheated on his wife with an heiress who was 17 years younger than him, (after a string of affairs prior to that,) lies to this young beautiful heiress about his age (says this right on camera..and then smiles broadly.... like some frat boy trying unsuccessfully to be cool), AND lies later about when they started seeing each other to cover his obvious infidelity. He looks pretty uncomfortable when he is presented with paperwork showing that when he applied for his new marriage license, he wasn't divorced yet....

-

"I take full responsibility for the breakup of my marriage"....(he spouts his talking point....) (and later, again) ... "the responsibility is mine..."(and then this extremely inappropriate SMILE again, trying to signal the reporter to move on...) I think this mans uses these smiles to get through his anger at being confronted. Really I do. It's unnerving. But he continues to lie about it. Why not be honest about something that happened 30 years ago? "Yeah, you got me. I cheated on my wife, went after young girls for a lot of years, found a rich one and married her. That's my story."

You can even watch Cindy squirm and lie when she tries to make a case that McCain had been separated for 6 years before they got involved, when in real life they dated for 9 months WHILE HE WAS STILL LIVING WITH HIS WIFE.

If these were the Clintons this would be a PRIME TIME SPECIAL... complete with interviews of every woman he ever looked twice at....crying pathetically for the camera and calling him every name in the book.

It's the FREE PASS ON ALL THIS BY THE PRESS that bothers me more than McCain's hound-dogging 30 years ago. I don't really give a rat's behind about all this, as I have said a million times. Personal lives should be off limits. I don't care what you do in the bedroom, just don't screw this country. BUT C'MON.

The one consolation is the Right wingnuts can't push family values down our throats in this election.

No comments: