Saturday, December 6, 2008

CoCo Update


The picture at the left is not CoCo. That's an advertisement cat. The point is.... I just ordered an outdoor heated cat mat... with a "kitty pad cover" that comes separate. I also sprung for a "thermo-cube" to turn it on whenever it reaches 35 degrees...and shut it off at 45 degrees.

I felt sorry for CoCo with the cold temperatures these past few nights, because she will not go into a box.

There's a special insulated cat box on the porch. I also made a "homemade" bed out of a beer box and some rags... but she won't go "INSIDE" anything. She just crawls under the glider and sits in a small fleece cat bed. I think she was stuck in something for a long time... and now has claustrophobia. I can relate. I barely tolerate elevators, but that is another story.

And yes, I'm still hoping I can get her adopted to someone who can bring her into their loving home. Big bright eyes, healthy appetite, a loving nature and she eats any kind of food. But in the mean time I'm making sure she is well cared for under the glider in the closed in breezeway.

PS-- She actually PLAYED for the first time this week. It was a big deal. She was so traumatized before that playing just wasn't something that interested her. But she is getting better, and happier everyday.

No comments: