Saturday, December 27, 2008

Getting Ready for the New Year


It seems everyone I talk to is more than ready to close the book on this year. I myself could list more misery than glee in 2008 but I don't feel like dwelling on it. Suffice to say it wasn't a banner year for me. The highs weren't especially high and the lows... well. The year couldn't even end on a high note. I've been really sick these past few days with the bug that's going around. Having to stay at home did give me the time to get reacquainted with my couch and listen to some CD's I got for Christmas.
-
Sometimes it helps to look at how things could have been worse. It puts things into perspective. I still have a job and roof over my head. There are thousands who don't.
-
As Aunt Millie used to say, that's the way the mop flops.
-
So there's a new year coming. I can't believe it's 2009. It seems we all were just worrying about whether the computers would work in the year 2000. I remembered I set the date back on mine just in case.

No comments: