Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Sunday Morning Muse, December 28, 2008


I live in a small town where nobody really goes out all that much on New Year's Eve. I asked around, and got the typical blah responses.
-
"It's amateur night."
-
"Too many drunks on the road."
-
"I don't go out because of the chance of getting a DUI. (the limit is .08 here and that is rather easy to reach with a few drinks...)
-
"There's no where to go here...and I don't want to drive out of town."
-
One positive response I got today was from a mentally challenged fellow who gleefully informed me he was going to a local pub where there will be a band from "out of town."
-
I see him out a lot. He can't drive but there is always someone willing to take him home. He also gets a lot of hugs from many women.
-
Today he was also sporting a Steeler shirt with Big Ben's number on it and was excited for the big football game today against Cleveland.
-
He sure seems happy.

No comments: