Wednesday, February 16, 2011

If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me


I-phones and Droids and normal boring flip phones. I have to make a decision soon. One of my few faults in life is that I tend to over-analyze things. Sometimes, as in this case, I start looking at the simple act of choosing a phone and hence a phone "plan" with an eye toward some overall bigger meaning. Like how I "plan" to use the phone makes some grand statement about me.
-
Like, am I going to get a cheap plan and let new technology pass me by? Continue my downhill slide into techno-indifference? Possibly. If I stay with my phone is just a phone philosophy, foregoing the playthings and apps that cost a lot of money and are real time wasters, is this really my way of remaining true to my vow of a simpler way of life?
-
Or should I plunge in? Learn to live in the new age. Get out of the 90's. Text people instead of talk to them. By a docking thing and play music out of my phone. Why? Because that is what people do.
-

No comments: