Monday, February 28, 2011

Still Jumping Through Hoops


Sometimes I wonder if this monkey with a typewriter can type out War and Peace before I am able to actually finish jumping through all these hoops to get my new Verizon phone actually initialized, able to receive calls, and yes...someday get my well deserved discount.
-
Today the phone arrived. Joy. Call the number to set it up and suddenly I am bounced around for over an hour like the ugly girl at a speed dating event...mindlessly telling each new customer service agent my story, hearing excuses as to why I had to be bounced to yet someone else... then the dreaded Purgatory of HOLD with the endless loop tape of sales pitches...
-
I even missed HOUSE. And it was a new episode. Chrissakes.
-
How did this evening end? No kiss good night, that's for sure. Just call back tomorrow between 9 and 7 . Will Persistence pay off?Will my phone ever work? Will I get my old number? Will I get that ever elusive discount? Stay tuned. I'm not letting the monkey win this one.

No comments: