Friday, May 20, 2011

Contemplating the Final Scene


NPR challenged listeners to name their song for the End of Times coming up tomorrow. I posted Queen's Innuendo--which is long and a very strong end of the world type song. The video is also very appropriate. Hard to quibble with that choice.
-
But if I found myself alone on my hillside overlooking the river... staring out into the gathering storm of the apocalypse, I would like something a bit more, well...I don't know, maybe personal. Something simple and pleasant to ease me. After all it will be a bit disconcerting. Perhaps some old Van Morrison... Into the Mystic, Queen of the Slipstream, Vanlose Stairway, In the Garden, heck he even does a Spiritual song called Give Me Back My Rapture. I can't find it on YouTube though.
-
Thinking about this stuff reminds me of the pointless conversations in high school about what song would you like playing on your tape deck if you were to go off the edge of a cliff in your car?
I suppose it is one final way of defining yourself.
-
How did I spend my next to the last day? Working, weeding, and now a beer while I'm typing on my blog. Maybe that is the way things should be. A metaphor of life. Earning a living, caring for
what I have, enjoying the beer, and reflecting about what is going on in life.
-
Of course I'd rather be slow dancing.




No comments: