Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Election Day on the Phone


It's Primary Election Day... and I didn't get to vote. I blame Verizon.
-
We've had these lengthy, animated phone conversations today to try to address some billing issues, and by the end of the day, having told my story three times, I was ready to move up to the next level and perhaps motivate a supervisor to see things my way. Oh, I couldn't speak with a supervisor right now, they were all busy. But one would call ME back. Right.
-
So I waited....and waited...and kept people off the phone, and I fumed and reviewed my notes,
and practiced talking to myself for two hours. Finally at 7:30 I called the number again and found some soul who, though not a supervisor, informed me that supervisors don't call back until between 24 and 48 hours. THAT would have been nice to know. I snapped, wow, they must get a lot of complaints. I felt bad right after I said that because I really wasn't mad at the customer rep. I put him in an awkward position. Silence for a bit.
-
I then wheedled this fellow to at least look at my case and see if, perchance there was anything HE could see going on and could fix, that would put this baby to rest and clear up all my problems. Aha! There was something in front of that far away screen from wherever he was talking from. Someone put in a credit somewhere and it took effect.... today. But I'd still have to pay hundreds of dollars, because lo and behold the billing cycle day is the 23rd and it's full speed ahead. But... it would eventually be credited to me on my next bill. And the stuff I never really signed up for but was put on my account anyway?(internet security, 50 gig of storage, etc.) Gone with a quick email. (Though the pessimist in me thinks I'll be hit with a termination fee for that by mistake via some glitch. Note to self: Watch for it.)
-
At last, a battle won, but not the war. I was too tired to go on. I was too hungry to sleep and too tired to eat. And sick to death of holding a phone to my ear.
-
I thanked him kindly, and bid farewell. Now I'm back to where I was in April. And I'm "bundled" there till next April. In the plan I didn't like, but must now settle for, because a lesser one costs three dollars less, but would result in a 120 dollar "termination" fee from this plan, though I didn't really terminate my service. Oh it's a long story. I'm going to bed.
-
The polls are closed. And I missed my chance to vote.

No comments: