Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Sunday Morning Muse, May 15, 2011


I have spent countless hours with a magnifying glass pouring over old, blurry photographs and imagining what my grandmother's and great-grandmother's lives were like at the turn of the century. Many times I wished the photographs could speak to me. Tell me something more, tell me what it was like to, well...be THEM. What did they like? What did they think about when they were young and full of hope? Did they share some of my same dreams?
-
In the span of only a generation, we now have the opportunity to leave a detailed "record" of ourselves for future generations. Anyone with the least bit of curiosity will be able to Google us... and find our videos and blogs, or pour through countless hours of home videos, and see what we were "really like."

-
....which makes this disturbing on many levels... but it is compelling none the less:

-


No comments: