Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Night Stream of Consciousness...


    I'm reading an old book of my father's written by Deepok Chopra about aging well, living a long time.  If you can beat the odds and not get cancer or heart problems, there seems to be a lot you can do to make it to 100. That said, some days I feel like 100 now.  I just don't know where all these aches and pains come from. I'd still have a whole second life to go.... I wish they can speed up science and figure out how to manipulate genes already so cells don't wear out as fast. Seems like people want to live a long time but they don't want to get "old."

  The cat is getting old, but I don't know how old. Coco showed up here sometime in her mid life and her teeth are bad...and she is having kidney trouble now, too. Got a tooth pulled yesterday and she is doing better but the kidney thing scares me. She is such a sweetie.

  Don't ever let anyone scare you away from Yoga. The year I spent in Yoga class taught me lessons I will have for the rest of my life. I try to use some of those lessons everyday. Breathing, stretching, letting go of stress and centering yourself. Yoga is a good thing.





No comments: