Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, July 22, 2012

  

Here it is Sunday Morning again. Hard to believe, but I don't have a lot to say this morning.   I rarely dream but last night I had this seemingly endless dream and I woke up exhausted. The dream centered around ants. I had ants in my desk where I work, and ants all over the floor and in corners.... and no one would help me.
Finally after pointing out that the ants were now spotted in other places in the building, someone agreed to look into the problem, if I would go to Long John Silvers to get lunch. And also run an errand involving getting some kind of plane ticket straightened out with the airlines.

Bizarre. So I went and ordered lunch at Long John's and while waiting, I went to a "ticket counter" to try and arrange a return flight back home...get this...for someone who died years ago. I wasn't at all concerned that he was dead. I was just trying to get him back from San Diego, or where it was that he went.

Well, the snags that occurred involving the plane ticket became a lengthy ordeal, and now the fish from Long John's was getting cold....and I was still thinking about all those ants... and I really didn't want to deal with any of this anymore. I just wanted to wake up.

Stress. 

When the alarm clock finally rang, I was thankfully launched back to reality, but still left with that feeling of
stress.

The dream book says to dream of ants, as pests, will mean "a lot of frustration and hard work before I achieve independence."

Nice.  Why can't I dream of an "antelope" instead?  (A sudden improvement of financial status...)

Hmmm..browsing through the book now...

I couldn't really find anything in there about flying a dead person back home. If I had to guess it would probably be even more frustration and hard work.

No comments: