Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, July 1, 2012


It's gonna be hot again today. But I got no complaints when I see the wildfires out west, the flooding in the south and the many states where the temp is over 100 degrees.

I heard Van Morrison is coming out with a new CD on October. Born to Sing: No Plan B. It's been awhile
since he last put out a new one, and I'm anxious to see what it will be like. I really have gotten away from music in the old traditional way of buying a CD and putting it on and playing it over and over in the car. Lately, I just put on Pandora and punch around to the various "stations" I have set up and it plays me more or less what I want to hear. 

But somehow something has been lost in this generation. Back in the days of Top 40 radio being the biggest source of music for me, at least, until I could save up my allowance to buy cassettes or records, everyone was listening to pretty much the same thing.  People bonded over the music. Now everyone can listen to anything from anytime in any order....in any genre... and it is as if we are all in our own little worlds. Listening alone. That's how I feel anyway. 







No comments: