Monday, June 11, 2007

The Last Episode of the Sopranos


Where to begin? Since I had to watch the show tape- delayed a day late, I managed an all day media blackout today so as not to spoil the ending. Little did I know that my personal blackout would be a metaphor for what was to come. My friends and co-workers were understanding. No one said a word about the show itself, though I sensed a disappointment.


As I watched the episode tonight, I couldn't help but feel rushed, like everything was in fast forward.... scene to scene...let's wrap up Meadow's life- future inlaws... future job? a baby... not now... let's put AJ in the Army, no wait, in the movies... and Janis... what will happen to Janis.... Silvio in the hospital... TV commercials play in the background... life goes on without him... and Uncle June... oh, he's gone. Really lost his mind. Carmela meeting with Carpenters, Tony... still whining about his mother.... Life just.... goes on. Unless you are Phil Leotardo. I didn't really get a chance to appreciate his death, but that's something else.




Life does go on.. with you and without you. And hopefully you never do feel the bullet or see it coming. Several theories abound on the net. I don't hang my hat on any of them really, except to say maybe I agree the audience got whacked. We never saw it coming. And their lives just go on without us.




However, the view below is certainly worth noting.




Here’s the “Tony is dead” theory, as posted on Digg:
In the last scene:



..."everytime someone comes into the door you hear the bell then the camera view
shows tony, then switches to his point of view to show who is entering the restaurant. this pattern happens 3 times (first with curly haired lady who looks like janice, then trucker dude with USA cap, then carmela, then hitman followed by AJ, then meadow) When meadow enters the restaurant you hear the bell, see
tony and then it is black. The view from his perspective is black - he is dead."

No comments: