Saturday, June 16, 2007

What is Your Favorite CD?



What fun my musical experiment was! I received a lot of friendly emails instead of just the usual spam. Enjoyed some great inciteful conversations. Even heard from a long lost friend. And now...(drum roll please) the list-- in no particular order, because these don't belong on *ANY* list together:




--

Tom Waits, Raindogs
Sam Cooke’s Greatest Hits

Joe Cocker, Mad Dogs and Englishmen
The Black Crowes, Southern Harmony
Santana, The Best Instrumentals

Nine inch Nails - Year Zero

Rickie Lee Jones, Flying Cowboys

Saturday Night Fever-(if you want to see Travolta dance, click here)




Jimmy Buffett, Songs You Know by Heart

Van Morrison, Into The Music





The Beatles, "Sergeant Pepper" --(blew me away. Who picks this?)







Bruce Springsteen, Born to Run


Bruce Springsteen, Darkness on the Edge of Town





Melissa Ethridge, Yes I Am
Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon











The Mills Brothers Greatest Hits



------------------------

Some things I learned from this experiment:
  • One person from this list is a hopeless case when it comes to music.
  • It's not good to make fun of a person's first answer. Usually they are very serious.

  • Yes, the Mills Brothers had enough hits to make a Greatest Hits CD.

  • One person took the time to list not one, but 19 CDs. And I knew only one on his entire list.
  • Not once but Twice, kindred spirits appeared....and I got to say... yup... that's in my top 5.
  • The Buffett fan's response was immediate. No dilemma there.

Some additional dialogue from my friends' emails:
  • This album has no deep subliminal meaning but musically it kicks ASS.
  • Like anybody, I go through phases... Dean Martin.... AC/DC... John Legend... different things at different times.
  • That has to be the toughest question ever. If I were to browse thru all my cds, I'd probably be saying "oh yeah that one! and that one! and that one!" endlessly.
  • Hard call. I pretty much hate everything that's come out this century. I'd probably go backwards and get R.E.M.'s "Green" album so I can crank "Stand" all day long.

No comments: