Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Sunday Morning Muse, September 30, 2007


Filming started in New York on the Sex and the City Movie. The internet is a funny thing. You can go to YouTube and actually watch the girls walking down the street during filming.... from the Crowd's point of view. Some fan with a movie camera uploading these things. I planned to do a follow up posting today on progress for the new movie. (My previous post here.)


It got me thinking how much I miss the show, so I watched it on TBS last evening. It was the one where Carrie goes to California on a train with Samantha as part of a Book Tour, and Mr. Big turns up at a reading event. It was classic Mr. Big/Carrie- with all the sexual tension between them, the flirtation, great clothes and body language. She really missed him when he left for California. And wanted to show it. He on the other hand was fixed on her book. Reading passages aloud, asking questions.... wanting clarification of different parts that were all about the way he treated her. She told him it was all "...just writing. It's in the past."


Having kept journals since I was a teenager I understood that statement all too well. It's just writing. It's the heat of the moment. When you go back and read that stuff, sometimes it is like reading about your life for the first time. We humans do not have great memories. And that is a good thing. Because that is how we HEAL.


In the end, they do have sex.


But, and here's the part that stuck out for me. You know how when Carrie always sort of sums things up at the end with a thought? At the end, she said, "Sometimes it isn't the journey, it is the destination."


And there you have it. The exception to my Blog Theme at the top of the page. It gave me something to muse about today.


No comments: