Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Almost Valentine's Day

Going through my piles of things during The Big Move, I came upon a heart shaped vase with "I love you" written in many foreign languages. So sweet. But I've never used the vase. Not since that long ago Valentine's Day when I was in high school, when things went very wrong.
-
Oh puppy love. When the doorbell rang and I saw the vase filled with flowers my heart soared! You see I had a crush on this guy and I just knew he wouldn't forget me for Valentine's Day! It was exciting to think he spent all this money to buy me flowers! I tore open the card expecting to see some sentimental little phrase and his signature. But NOOOOO. What was this? A joke? I didn't even recognize the name for a few seconds. Sheesh... it couldn't be.
-
It was from ANOTHER guy. One I didn't really know well, and never really wanted to know well. I thought he was strange, or older, or...something. I can't even remember now, but his face came rushing back to my brain when I picked up that silly vase. A pretty vase really. I love you...in all those languages. And I still have it. And I never saw him ever again.

No comments: