Friday, January 7, 2011

Why are People so Mean? And Dirty!


I don't live in Mayberry so I don't expect Aunt Bea to help me pick out a cantalope. Or Goober to tip his hat and let me in front of him in the checkout line. But Sheesh. What is up with the absolute imbeciles in this town lately?
-
My trip to the grocery store was a miserable experience. It seems all the ignorant, ill mannered cretins were let loose and they all showed up at Giant Eagle. First the 400 pound filthy man in a filthy van parked in the fire lane screaming the F-bomb at his wife(?), with two equally loud children yelling and crying from inside.
-
Inside, the store seemed overcrowded with people pushing buggies like there was a fire and everyone had to get out of the way or be flattened. Then, there was the freak who stood and just stared at me while I picked my Chicken and Rice Soup from the Campbell's display, until I finally turned to him and said listen, I'M NOT IN YOUR WAY. You can go around me. I 'm just getting
one can of soup. DUH. But I didn't say Duh.
-
Unlike the lady in the next aisle with the overflowing buggy, the baby and the two kids taking up a whole aisle, while she chatted obliviously on a cell phone.
-
GET ME OUTTA HERE, was all I kept muttering under my breath. Why can't this be a kinder, and happier experience? People in Haiti are starving. This is paradise. We have GOOD FOOD. Plenty of it. They are living in tents, no sanitation...
-
Speaking of which, WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE SO DIRTY? I can understand being poor, but dirty? I saw someone buying steak and Pepsi, with a Government card. But no SOAP?
-
All I wanted was to buy my cantalope and soup, and Italian bread. Leave me in peace.
-

No comments: