Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Buns


Something was really off about today. It doesn't feel like a holiday. I worked today and we got mail today. Everyone at Giant Eagle was working. And there were at least a thousand people in the grocery store, maybe they aren't working today. But they aren't in church, either. More people could be working...I refer to the "one" lane of 12 items or less with 10 people in it. I would have bought more, but I took a stand. I wouldn't pay 3 dollars for 8 buns. So now I have my Manwich, but nothing to put it in.
-
I'm not cheap. Three bucks... who cares? But I don't need eight buns. It's a stupid thing, but now here I am. I'll have to make another trip somewhere else, and risk maybe that store only selling eight buns. Which they normally do. I used to get mad when I had to buy eight buns when I only needed six for hotdogs. It's a damn conspiracy.
-
Right. Well I didn't plan to eat them today anyway. I picked up fish dinners. Not for any reason other than you can get GREAT fish dinners on Fridays during lent. It has nothing to do with sacrifice. Truly. I think that whole concept is lost to even the churches. Eating really good fried fish and french fries instead of my Manwich- which I'll eat tomorrow anyway, is not sacrifice.
-
And just think, if not eating meat on Friday, particularly Good Friday really is a requirement for Heaven somewhere along the line, it would be a pity if I turned up in Hell just because I couldn't
wait a day for the Manwich. Hedging my bets I suppose.

No comments: