Monday, April 11, 2011

Why Sleep? You May Miss a Party. . .

Janis Joplin, who was known for not missing her share of parties, actually said that. Though it may be fine for the party set, missing sleep is a real downer for people who actually have trouble falling asleep.
-
(No, the picture isn't Janis. I couldn't find one of Janis sleeping.)
-
I did find a great method for falling asleep. Certainly sounds like something that would work. Just relive every moment of your day. Every blessed moment starting from when you opened your eyes.
-
I tried this and I couldn't get far without skipping simply because I must go on "auto-pilot" a lot.
And I multi-task CONSTANTLY, so that becomes a memory issue as well. It amazed me at how much I just plain forget. Maybe I'm just screwed up.
-
Take for example the way I shop. Normal people may just walk into a store and search for an outfit. A shirt, pants, maybe some accessories. Or a skirt.
-
Not me. I have no chance of recollecting a recent shopping trip.
-
I flit from rack to rack... and pull out this and that...nothing that goes together, but things I think I may be able to make "work" with what I have. I take reckless chances to match colors from memory. It rarely works out. I came home with four shirts and a pair of what I would call optimistic tights-type pants. Turns out there is a big difference between my hopeful optimism, and what actually works on me. I'll just leave the big shirt-with-tights look in the 80's where it belongs and quietly take them back.
-
Sad thing is, the three other shirts.... pale green, pale grey and black, were cut "funny" and didn't fit, so all I'm left with is a plain white shirt.
-

No comments: