Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bang and Post- Bang


No, I'm not talking about the Big Bang... I'm talking about Bert Berns' Bang Label which keeps re-releasing very old Van Morrison music, most of it of dubious quality.... from the 1960's Bang recording sessions, under dozens of different names. It really ticks me off. DO NOT BUY THIS STUFF. These people are bottom feeders trying to make a buck.


If you want to read a quick primer of Bang and Post Bang and what happened that led to this mess,with a partial list of what to avoid, go here. In addition to all the "recycled" Bang CDs mentioned there... I found another one just now... at Amazon.com called Forever Gold. Released THIS YEAR. Sheesh. Give it a break you money grubbing suckers. You can't fool us again.

If you want to hear good Van Morrison Music, go with Post Bang stuff. Look here. Go to Albums, then look under the heading Post Bang Van. Or you could end up doing what I did about 10 years ago now, and end up with a CD full of nonsense songs that Van made JUST TO GET OUT OF HIS CONTRACT. That Nonsense Songs link above has the actual MP3's... you can just click on them and it will play instantly. Classics ..... real SARCASTIC stuff:
Like this goodie here:

Royalty Check

I'm waiting
for my royalty check to come,
and it still hasn't come yet.
It's about a year over due.
I guess it's coming from the Big Royalty
Check in the sky.
I waited and the mailman never dropped it in my letterbox.
Oh, oh-oh, oh...I guess it's a Big Royalty Check in the sky.
Oooh
baby.But you can't
beat the tax man
and me
all at once.

---

Or my all time favorite:

Ring Worm


I can see by the look on your face that you've got ringworm.

I'm very sorry but, I have to tell you that you've got ringworm.

It's a very common disease. Actually, you're very lucky to have

ringworm' cause you may have had somethin' else.

Oooh, aaahhh...Uuunnnhhhaaahhnnn...You've got ringworm.Oooh-oooh, oooh, oooh-oooh, oooh, oooh-oooh....

No comments: