Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Sunday Morning Muse, September 9, 2007


I'm posting this very charming video I found on YouTube, called My First Crush. It's just endearing... and will evoke bittersweet memories that are sure to ring a chord in each of us. What attracted me to it was it's simplistic approach, the honesty, and cleverness of it. The creator put together a short cartoon illustrating real responses he solicited from others about their "first crush." I think everyone will recognize a bit of themselves.

I got to thinking about my own teenage years. A scene from my Jr. High Lunchroom, 1978: Boy sitting very close with one arm around me, whispering, laughing...stolen kisses. The teacher coming over and shaking his head. That kind of behavior, of course, was discouraged. "Those who can, do," my sweetie spoke up. "Those who can't--- teach."

I am smiling about that all these years later.

No comments: