Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fans: Baseball Been Very Good to Me?


It's baseball season again. I confess I watch very little baseball, but I feel for the fans who really want to go to the games and can no longer afford them. Or many just cut back the number of games they would normally go to. By the time you pay for gas to drive to the ball park, the parking lot cost,
the tickets, food, souvenirs, etc.... well... I don't feel like adding it all up here. And a draft beer at the park? 7 bucks?
What?

I read in the Post Gazette that the Pirates started their All You Can Eat Seat section where you pay one price and your ticket and soft drinks, hotdogs, nachos, etc are all included. It's gotten a lot of attention from the 'big' fans who can really get their money's worth now. But Iron City Lite is not included of course, so I'm still an expensive date.



Photo Credit: Baseball Fan, Honore de Bumzac

No comments: