Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Sunday Morning Muse, April 27, 2008


I don't envy Governor Perry of Texas. I'm referring to having to deal with the situation involving the children and womenfolk dressed in their drab garb, the tears, the fears, the uncertainty of what will happen now that the government decended upon their closed little world.
-
The last time I checked, even people on a remote compound in Texas have to obey the laws of the state and nation. Trouble is proving who broke which one. And I personally don't believe you can hide behind religion and let men impregnate little girls or take them as wives but, again, proving it is another story.
-
I feel for the little kids. They did no wrong, and now they are away from their mothers. But what future will they have if they are put back?To continue to think the color red is the devil's color and you should fear it? That sleeping with a man old enough to be your father is normal? What else have they been brainwashed to believe?

-
But... I am hesistant to criticize. I do so on such a slippery slope. My mom was taught in Sunday School that she would go to Hell if she ate meat on Fridays. Hell. You know... fire...suffering forever. As a little kid she "almost forgot" and had the meat in her mouth and it SCARED her..... she spit it out just in time. But she remembers how she felt TO THIS DAY.
-
Fortunately the Catlicks changed the rules when I grew up. I think they just made it so you only "not eat meat" on Friday's during Lent.
-
All these years later, mom still makes fish sticks most Fridays... just in case.

No comments: