Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Sunday Morning Muse, February 1, 2009


I just took this picture out my back window of my computer room. Thankfully my gutters haven't come crashing down yet.
-
I slanted the camera picture just for fun to fit more ice in it. February is HERE! It's a symbolic thing. The Ice Is Melting. Cross out that horrible month of January. Today we are headed to the 40's!!! Some blue sky... some sunshine! I feel my mood picking up already. Maybe I'll start my taxes.... take a walk, clean the house, put the Christmas tree away... what? Okay it's really a winter type tree with birds and cherubs on it. Seasonal.
-
Alas, but for a day. Quasi-warmth. Temperatures above freezing. The joy of it. More cold and snow are forecasted for this week. Push those negative thoughts aside. Enjoy for now.
-
After all...It's Superbowl Sunday! The Steelers are in Tampa. Grocery stores here are full of folks buying chicken wings, pizza, and Steeler Cakes. Everyone is wearing Steeler shirts, ties, pins, jackets, hats, and anything else black and gold. People are dressing their pets up like the Steelers. Steeler fans are EVERYWHERE. Adorning their cars with Steelers signs and flags. I have seen a Steeler Black and Gold Jeep, and here in our town there is a Steeler House.
-
Now... back to all this time to kill before the game starts. . .maybe I'll Google the Steeler's Polka.

No comments: