Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Sunday Morning Muse, August 21, 2011


The web worms have invaded. They appear to be everywhere this year. As you drive along you see hundreds of them in trees along the highway. Here, a huge web has taken over a main branch of my nearly dead anyway lilac bush in the back. What to do?
-
Nothing, at least according to this.
-
I remember my old neighbor, when I as a kid, burning them off with a blow torch. That looks pretty satisfying, but I suspect he burned off quite a few branches doing this, which can't be good either.
-
I skeeve them. Makes my skin crawl thinking about them. I won't even get close to it.
-
Strange thunderstorms this week, with lots of wind and heavy rain. The web worms won, as they are still here. NO damage to the web. Pretty strong stuff.
-
I see the sun this morning as a glowing orb on the horizon that appears every now and then through shroud-like cloud cover here. I read where there is going to be some kind of solar activity happening that may disrupt communications, not necessarily today, but for awhile things up there could be a bit more active, and satellites could be affected.
-
Speaking of satellites...I've spent a lot of time on Google Earth lately. Download it if you don't have it already. Cool stuff. Fly anywhere and look at the terrain. Amazing.

No comments: