Saturday, May 24, 2008

Brother Louie



I remember hearing this song on the radio all the time in the 1970s... and my dear Aunt Millie absolutely HATED it. She'd say "What do you young people see in this music? All they do is yell Looooieee,looooieeee,looieee!"

What's great are some of the COMMENTS I've read on this video. Someone said the singer looks like Ray Sharkey in a Wig, and another person admited they always thought it was a black chick singing this song. Too funny. It's so great to find stuff like this on YouTube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Aunt Millie.

M.J. said...

I'm going to look for more "gems" I wrote down about her before she died years ago. She was truly a unique woman. She had a hard life... but she managed to enjoy life, and play the cards dealt to her. One of my favorite stories to tell is when she won a Halloween costume contest at a polka dance.
She dressed as an old man and never said a word to anyone. Even though her costume wasn't that great... she won because people were so intrigued, and couldn't figure out who that funny looking man was with my mother.