Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Sunday Morning Muse, May 18, 2008


I really thought I'd get a new computer as soon as my income tax check came. But somehow I've delayed it. In the back of my head... I don't know--somewhere in my head then, I don't feel comfortable spending that much money at one time right now on something not absolutely necessary.

Maybe I've been watching too much news. Depressing stuff. And gas prices, grocery prices.... heck... ALL prices have gone up. But am I spending less at the store? Nope. Same amount.... just getting less.

Last night I saw a story where someone is making 3/4 gallon milk cartons. This way, people get almost a gallon of milk at close to the same price. Do they think we are really that stupid?

Of course, this actually is a blessing for me. I don't go through all that much milk. Much of it spoils by the time I need to use it, so I guess this works. But for actual families? Well.... they better get smaller glasses, too.

Maybe they'll make smaller M'nM packs next. Of course, I'll be spending twice as much because I'll need to buy two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Do they think we are really that stupid?"

Apparently, they do. (This made me laugh.)

I think it's really expensive to redesign packaging so they must be banking on nationwide idiocy in order for this to work.

(Wait a minute. They can bank on that, can't they? Confidently, even?)