Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dreaming of Just Being Warm


I had this pleasant dream. I don't know who was in it, but they were friends I should have. Nice people, with picnic baskets and wine. It was a beautiful summer's day and we were at a club somewhere. There was music spilling out of the open doors of a bar, and everyone was on blankets sitting out on the green grass in the warm sunshine. HAPPY. People smiling.

I just suggested more hotdogs be brought outside for us to eat (from the bar's grill). . . and I stretched out on my blanket to soak up those rays of sunshine in that endless blue sky...


BLANG BLANG BLANG my stupid alarm went off and I woke up.

The real world came into focus at 5:30 am and I remembered where I was. In the dead of winter. More snow outside to scrape off the car. No sun. Just cold.

Still enduring.

Months to go.

Months.

No comments: