Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stop In and Pet the Cat


How much money would you spend an hour to get to play with a cat? For some the answer is 7 - 10 dollars. I read a story in the news recently about Cat Cafes in Japan, where it is difficult to keep a pet, and many people choose to "pay for play." They stop in after work to relax and enjoy the company of a furry friend.


Reading the story made me think about the time I spend with Sweet Pea. When I first took her in, I remember telling her at 5:30 in the morning, "These are the rules... Coffee First, Cat food second."


That didn't last long. Now the first thing I do every morning is open a can of cat food. But it's a small sacrifice to pay. She is a dependable alarm clock, and has saved my butt a couple of times when I shut off the alarm instead of hitting the snooze button.


No comments: