Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Eyes Have It


I took Elementary Human Genetics as a four week course in college, and do not recall purple being one of the possible eye colors. Oh there are dominant and recessive traits, and things combine and there are some deeper shades of blue, but purple is really a blue with blood vessels showing through a bit... (red plus blue equals purple)... so I suppose it is possible. I searched a whole five minutes to see if I could find a good close up of Elizabeth Taylor's "violet" eyes, but the ones where I could actually see a color were makeup ads, and we KNOW those are touched up.)
-
I feel bad about her dying today. But it is distant kind of thing. I can't say I've ever watched one of her movies all the way through, she being of a different era. But I do recall her work with AIDS, and her friendship with Michael Jackson. And of course the marriages. Eight of them. Maybe I'll get purple contacts and improve my chances.

No comments: