Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Sunday Morning Muse, March 27, 2011


If you believe the commercials, the world is divided into people who love Miracle Whip and people who hate it. You can guarantee I will never, ever eat any of it. Put me in the "hate" crowd. To be fair, I don't eat anything with mayo in it, so it was never a good fit for me.
-
I think it was a pretty good marketing gimmick. Right off the top they realize that some people, no matter what, will never be convinced even to try it. I would go as far as to say I'm grossed out by it. But everyone knows someone who does eat it, and at least they got attention in keeping the brand name out there.
-
When I think of Miracle Whip, I think of my dad. Mom putting it on sandwiches for his lunch. He was always looking to spice up sandwiches with something. There was always a hot pepper jar in the fridge, horse radish (which I want no part of either,) and brown mustard.
-
The commercials for MW, as they call it now, go as far as to call it a "deal breaker" when it comes to relationships. Goofy, but funny. Perhaps a topic for another post. Deal breakers.

No comments: