Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Sunday Morning Muse, March 13, 2011



Water, water everywhere. The scene from Japan defies description. It's difficult to watch the devastation there. It's even worse to hear the news people try to outdo each other ramping up the nuclear reactor aspect of the story. When I went to bed last night there was the potential of three meltdowns. Now the talking heads keep upping the ante with "expert" predictions and possibilities, using vague terms like "partial meltdowns," and various "What If" scenarios. Is it the end of times?
-
What is irritating to me is that THE STORY IS BIG ENOUGH AS IT IS. Let's just stick with what we really know for now. And let the story develop in real time, and give us REAL information.
-
Suddenly Libya and Egypt don't exist anymore. And the workers in Wisconsin? Gee. Not even a blip on the screen.
-
The US of course will give aid to Japan. I thought we were broke. It is puzzling. Let me be clear. I want us to aid Japan in anyway we can. But...getting back to "broke." We are not broke because of the unions. That is laughable. Just look at GM. They blamed the unions two years ago. The unions are still there. They are making money now. Go figure. Better management?
-
The average worker isn't the bad guy. But if you listen to Faux News you would think that union workers are living the high life. No, I'm not deducting taxes on my vacation home as well as my residence. I have no vacation home. I have no yacht or Rolex. I don't hide my money in offshore accounts.
-
400 people here have as much wealth as the rest of the country combined. Something to think about.

-

No comments: