Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hitchens Interview on 60 Minutes Tonight


What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
-
How many times has he said it? It makes them crazy. His religion debates on the net are really something to watch. Love him or hate him, he knows religion. And he knows more than you, or me
or many others out there who profess some faith or another, but actually know very little about religions, their similarities, differences, and their history. He is way over my head most of the time, but I can grasp enough to realize the heft of his arguments.
-
I hope he beats his cancer. Provocateurs like him rarely come around who have both the intellect and the swashbuckling persona that make Hitchens, well.... Hitchens. And I daresay to his naysayers, that he serves a purpose. Challenging beliefs is important because knowing why you believe what you do, not just because it was always what you were told, is the essence of who you
are.

No comments: