Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Rainy Night Squinting at Directions


The I-Pod got here finally. And I have no 12 year old kid to show me how to use it. So I'm screwed. I futzed with the setup process and couldn't type right so I'm registered under a strange name. My credit card isn't accepted now, and I can't figure out how to change it so I'm double screwed.
-
That said, what is with all the information you have to give Apple just to do anything? It scares me since I don't know what is really required and what they are asking for just because THEY CAN.
-
Now I know what people meant when they said you become a slave to Apple. I really believe my purpose in life should be to 'try out' things and point out to the techno-geeks how user unfriendly their products are.
I am smart. But I am also very lazy. I have no time for manuals and tutorials and crap, and pushing things on me I don't want or need. There seems to be a lot of that.
-
I see the potential in this device. But I also see much redundancy that I don't need in my life.
-
I only want to be able to listen to far off radio. From places I will never visit. And maybe play a few of my favorite songs. Maybe download a few free "apps" to stay somewhat cool.

-
Enough kvetching. It's a new toy. It will get me to Spring, when I can just GET OUTSIDE again.
-

No comments: